HPNZNB
Active participant

FilePath

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

I have couple questions about the file path for application discovered.  I need to run a report for all Java installations with their file path for each server. We found lots of paths that it has identified on the C:/ drive are not physically there. The Flexera full agent was installed on Windows and Linux servers.

1. Are the value of 'File Path' in ImportedFileEvidence table and the 'File Path' in Discover ed Evidence -File evidence view in FNMS are same?

2. I found some file evidences have file path in the SQL table but not in Discovered evidence view. How can I find the file path queried in SQL in the FNMS Console?

3. What is the best way to get accurate file path information for each server for a specific application?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ChrisG
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite 2019 R2 or later, you can see file path information in the UI on the "Evidence" tab when viewing an inventory device record:

image.png

I can't think of any place to view this path information in the UI across many devices though. You will see file path information in some other parts of the UI, but generally the paths you see elsewhere in the UI are illustrative of the most common path a file with a particular name has been found in across all computers and not the path the file is found in on a particular computer.

If you have FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises and are able to directly access data from the compliance database then a query like the following would get you going:

SELECT ic.ComputerName, ife.FileName, iifep.ExternalFilePath
FROM dbo.ImportedComputer ic
	JOIN dbo.ImportedInstalledFileEvidence iife
		ON iife.ComplianceConnectionID = ic.ComplianceConnectionID AND iife.ExternalID= ic.ExternalID
	JOIN dbo.ImportedFileEvidence ife
		ON ife.ComplianceConnectionID = iife.ComplianceConnectionID AND ife.ExternalFileID = iife.ExternalFileID
	JOIN dbo.ImportedInstalledFileEvidencePath iifep
		ON iifep.ComplianceConnectionID= ife.ComplianceConnectionID AND iifep.ExternalFilePathID = iife.ExternalFilePathID

Details of file paths for individual computers are not stored in the compliance database in FlexNet Manager Suite 2019 R1 and earlier, but you can find those details in the inventory database. A query like the following can be used on the inventory database:

SELECT c.ComputerCN, sfn.Name, sfp.Path
FROM dbo.Computer c
	JOIN dbo.SoftwareFile sf ON sf.ComputerID = c.ComputerID
	JOIN dbo.SoftwareFileName sfn ON sfn.SoftwareFileNameID = sf.SoftwareFileNameID
	JOIN dbo.SoftwareFilePath sfp ON sfp.SoftwareFilePathID = sf.SoftwareFilePathID

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ChrisG
Community Manager

If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite 2019 R2 or later, you can see file path information in the UI on the "Evidence" tab when viewing an inventory device record:

image.png

I can't think of any place to view this path information in the UI across many devices though. You will see file path information in some other parts of the UI, but generally the paths you see elsewhere in the UI are illustrative of the most common path a file with a particular name has been found in across all computers and not the path the file is found in on a particular computer.

If you have FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises and are able to directly access data from the compliance database then a query like the following would get you going:

SELECT ic.ComputerName, ife.FileName, iifep.ExternalFilePath
FROM dbo.ImportedComputer ic
	JOIN dbo.ImportedInstalledFileEvidence iife
		ON iife.ComplianceConnectionID = ic.ComplianceConnectionID AND iife.ExternalID= ic.ExternalID
	JOIN dbo.ImportedFileEvidence ife
		ON ife.ComplianceConnectionID = iife.ComplianceConnectionID AND ife.ExternalFileID = iife.ExternalFileID
	JOIN dbo.ImportedInstalledFileEvidencePath iifep
		ON iifep.ComplianceConnectionID= ife.ComplianceConnectionID AND iifep.ExternalFilePathID = iife.ExternalFilePathID

Details of file paths for individual computers are not stored in the compliance database in FlexNet Manager Suite 2019 R1 and earlier, but you can find those details in the inventory database. A query like the following can be used on the inventory database:

SELECT c.ComputerCN, sfn.Name, sfp.Path
FROM dbo.Computer c
	JOIN dbo.SoftwareFile sf ON sf.ComputerID = c.ComputerID
	JOIN dbo.SoftwareFileName sfn ON sfn.SoftwareFileNameID = sf.SoftwareFileNameID
	JOIN dbo.SoftwareFilePath sfp ON sfp.SoftwareFilePathID = sf.SoftwareFilePathID

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

HPNZNB
Active participant

Hello Chris, 

Thanks for the query and the explanation! We are using FNMS 2019 R2 on-premises.

On the 'Evidence' tab when viewing an inventory device, it shows lots of Java components installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\…., but there is no java installed in the server, and the folder 'Java' doesn't exist there. This happened on most of servers. Is this a bug?  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChrisG
Community Manager

Do the names of the files listed appear to be related to Java, or are the file names something different?

A problem has been recently found where if you have multiple inventory sources of type "SCCM" and "FlexNet" then files may be incorrectly listed multiple times on the "Evidence" tab when viewing inventory device records: one row in the table for the file has the correct path, and other row(s) have incorrect random path(s).

The attached script can be run against your compliance database to correct a SQL function that causes this problem. This script can be used with both FlexNet Manager Suite 2019 R2 and 2020 R1.

HPNZNB
Active participant

Hi Chris, 

We only generates file path or Oracle, not sure if other publisher has same issue. 

Thanks for the query.  Can this query fixed the issue right away or need to wait for another fresh NDI file from agent and reconciliation?

Thanks!  

0 Kudos
ChrisG
Community Manager
The query will take effect and immediately change what information is shown on the "Evidence" tab when viewing an inventory device record. You do not need to wait for a fresh NDI inventory file to be gathered.
HPNZNB
Active participant

Hi Chris, 

The query that you provide has been applied in FNMSCompliance database, but I still see there are lots of file paths that doesn't exist in server  in evidence tab for java.exe. 

Here is the screenshot for one server's file evidence. The result I got from running SQL query only showing file path that highlighted. How about other file paths for java.exe? I attachment is the query I run in FNMSCompliance. 

Capture.PNG

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
ChrisG
Community Manager

I see the query you have used is only listing file evidence that is associated with particular ARL application records, based on the following condition:

where (assignedst.FullName like 'java platform%' or recognizedst.FullName like 'java platform%')

Is it possible that the rows you see appearing in the Evidence tab in the UI that don't appear in your query output are filtered out because of this condition?