cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Flexera have the ability to track Apps

There are products such as Atlassian Jira (A work management tool for all kinds of use cases, from requirements and test case management to agile software development). This type of software allows you to buy Apps from their marketplace to use with their software. Most are plug-ins  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/  

Are these able to be tracked in Flexera?

(1) Solution

@mdh7768 

Besides Chris' valid response for applications installed on your devices, you may also be referring to the SaaS (Cloud) apps available from the Atlassian marketplace. However, as Flexera hasn't published a direct SaaS integration with Jira (or other Atlassian solutions) yet I would recommend you to create an idea about your needs in the Flexera One ideas portal if it's for SaaS solutions, and then publish it here for other forum members to vote on it.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

My input is not a direct to JIRA, but interestingly found this link by google search engine 🙂 

https://tray.io/connectors/jira-cloud-flexera-integrations

If Flexera can confirm will be fantastic.

Cheers

Kev

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Whether plug-ins like this can be identified by Flexera One  ITAM (or FlexNet Manager Suite) will primarily depend on whether (a) the tool you are using to gather software inventory gathers details about them, and (b) whether those details are imported by Flexera One ITAM as some type of installer or file evidence.

If you are using the FlexNet inventory agent to gather inventory then data to recognize something as installed will typically come from places like:

• Operating system-specific package repositories such as Add/Remove Programs and installed Windows Installer packages on Windows, installed rpm packages on Linux, etc
  • Executable files found on the filesystem

So to answer this general question for any particular software/plug-in you want to identify, consider whether the software can be found based on the above types of data.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@mdh7768 

Besides Chris' valid response for applications installed on your devices, you may also be referring to the SaaS (Cloud) apps available from the Atlassian marketplace. However, as Flexera hasn't published a direct SaaS integration with Jira (or other Atlassian solutions) yet I would recommend you to create an idea about your needs in the Flexera One ideas portal if it's for SaaS solutions, and then publish it here for other forum members to vote on it.

Thanks,

Thank you. Your reply was what I was asking. Thank you for your response.