cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Manager Forum

Join users and Flexera staff in discussion forums for answers to your FlexNet Manager Suite & Engineering Applications questions

Forum Posts

CIS Datacenter, apps installed but zero consumption?

I have a CIS Datacenter license which has mostly been configured through SKU automation. All of the permitted applications have been associated to the license.A number of the applications are showing lots of installs. Despite this, the actual license...

jq3i4h9u by Level 6
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need for AD Import in an untracked domain

At one of my customers we are currently performing the AD Import from the beacon into 4 domains. The SAM team doesn't care about the users in one of the domains from a license tracking standpoint and we are not performing any remote or agent inventor...

dbeckner by Level 10 Champion
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Solved FNMS Inventory Beacon - auto upgrade failes

Since the release of FNMS 2019 R2, we have had problems with the automatic update of the Inventory Beacons.After a successful update of the FNMS application to a new release, we have enabled the update for the Inventory Beacons. However, the Beacons ...

2020-08-17_11h49_13.png 2020-08-17_12h00_14.png 2020-08-17_10h12_50.png
Liebi123 by Level 4
  • 18 replies
  • 17 kudos

FlexNet Inventory Agents and Beacons

I'm spinning up on FlexNet Manager (On prem) and I have a quick question regarding the use of Beacons and Inventory Agents. Is it correct to say that Beacons and Inventory Agents perform the same function but the Beacon performs the inventory remotel...

pjoran by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Solved Best Practices for Chargeback

Owning FNMS Cloud and App Portal, I want to define best practices for chargeback. Do we have recommendations on best practices for chargeback? What process should be in place, what fields can be used to define the department being charged back, and i...

Oracle Database Options Usage Details

When I look at the Oracle Instance Properties for a certain Instance, a number of Options is being displayed. For some of these options "used" is set to "yes". For these cases usage is being deifined based on "From inventory". When I select the "yes...

Creating a report

Greetings everyone,I am trying to build a report in 2019R2 On-Prem FlexNet.One of the requirements for the report is to have column headers:"Start of Life""Release Date""End of Sales""End of Support""End of Extended Support""End of Life"Those lifecyc...

jhanes by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Solved Beacon scheduled tasks disabled

Hi, after upgrading to FNMS 2019 R2 one of our beacons is stetting all of its windows scheduled tasks to status disabled. Did someone came across this somehow strange behavior or got any idea what could causing this? Thanks & best regards Oliver  

oqueck by Level 6 Flexeran
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Solved Run mgspolicy.exe -t Machine silently on Client Machines?

Hi I have a small population of machines which are not uploading inventory. It's a small population but significant 13% (Windows and Macs). I have searched this forum and have noticed that rerunning the policy download can help (mgspolicy.exe -t Mach...

tke402 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Solved ovirt hypervisor and virtual machines

Does anybody can discover the VMs of ovirt?Or has any solution in mind that can help to this?Is Flexera able or unable to do this?We can't connect to ovirt to its host and get wrong license consumption because of that, all help and suggestions would ...

CAUCAR by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos