Did you mean: 

M365 integration oddity when upgrading E plan

bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

Hi Guys, 

I have noticed, following our upgrade of our M365 plan a couple of things >

Our new plan is showing the correct purchase number 😊

Our old plan is being referenced (so not deleted) but it is showing the correct purchase number of 0, so the entitlement has been removed. 😊

However consumption, usage and allocation are all referencing the old plan, so we are showing this as a non-compliance issue ☹️ 

Any thoughts why this is, and how I can correct it? Not sure if it is as simple as deleting the old plan, and the system will then correct itself?

Ben 

(2) Replies

@bmaudlin 

One option would be to change the status of the "old" license to a status of RETIRED.  You can also append the text "(Retired) to the name of the license as a visual reference.  Going forward, you can then filter the All Licenses view to only show "Active" licenses.  

This is a way to keep an audit trail of your licenses.  I believe that once you change the status of a license to "Retired", then license consumption will be set to 0.

As another option, you can try to simply delete the old license.  Are you using the M365 connection on the Beacon, or is this being imported from SaaS Manager?  It may be possible that the old license remains in a 'staging' database somewhere and after a full reconcile it will be re-created.  If it gets recreated, then you can go with the first approach and "Retire" the license.

Hi @kclausen,

Thanks for the update,  after some investigation I have confirmed - currently the data is correct. As although we have upgraded to E5, our users are currently consuming E3 licences for the short term, at which point they will be upgraded. So looking forward to understanding how the adapter/system will process these in the future.

Ben 

Ben