cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offline target inventory

For some server that are not connected to the network I need to manually run the ndtrack.sh and ndtrack.exe.

Are the following commands enough to get hardware and oracle information from target servers?

Thank you for your help

Unix

sudo ./ndtrack.sh -o InventoryType=Machine -o Upload="false" -o MachineInventoryDirectory=/home/oracle/temp -o Logging=True

win

ndtrack.exe -t Machine -o Upload="False" -o LogModules="default" -o ShowIcon="false" -o CALInventory="False"

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Yes, those commands will give you both hardware and Oracle Database inventory data. Be sure to have the InventorySettings.xml file in the same directory as the ndtrack.exe/ndtrack.sh file that you are executing: Oracle Database inventory will not be gathered without that file in place.

When running ndtrack manually like this, explicitly specifying a path to the log file on the command line can help simplify finding logging from the inventory gathering process. For example:

For Unix: -o LogFile=/home/oracle/temp/tracker.log

For Windows: -o LogFile=c:\Temp\tracker.log
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Yes, those commands will give you both hardware and Oracle Database inventory data. Be sure to have the InventorySettings.xml file in the same directory as the ndtrack.exe/ndtrack.sh file that you are executing: Oracle Database inventory will not be gathered without that file in place.

When running ndtrack manually like this, explicitly specifying a path to the log file on the command line can help simplify finding logging from the inventory gathering process. For example:

For Unix: -o LogFile=/home/oracle/temp/tracker.log

For Windows: -o LogFile=c:\Temp\tracker.log
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
I case of running it on windows with Upload=false, what happens if I don't specify the option MachineInventoryDirectory?

@marcog  - Here are the commands that the Flexera Pre-Sales Team uses in a POC for exactly this scenario.

Windows

ndtrack.exe -t machine -o Upload=False 

The generated NDI files will be found in C:\ProgramData\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Common\Uploads\Inventories

Linux/Unix/OS X

./ndtrack.sh -t machine -o IncludeDirectory=/ -o Upload=false -o LogFile=/var/tmp/inventory.log

The generated NDI files will be found in /var/tmp/flexera/uploads/Inventories

If you do not wish to perform the scan starting at the “/” root folder, then you can simply remove the “IncludeDirectory” parameter.  Without this, the Flexera Scanner will only scan the standard folders of /var, /opt and /usr.  If you need to scan any additional folders in addition to the defaults, then you would use the “IncludeDirectory” parameter.  Here are two examples, where a single folder is specified, and an example showing the format to specify more than 1 folder (quotes and commas)

IncludeDirectory=/folder1

IncludeDirectory=”/folder1”,”/folder2”