cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Takes Precedence for Linux: Usage Setting in a Target or a Usage Setting Set by the msconfig Command?

Hi all ...

I have targets set up to allow usage tracking on my entire estate by default (Disabled=False for usage tracking). 

I now want to deploy the Inventory Agent on some Linux servers using the Third Party Deployment method, but I don't want to enable usage tracking on these servers.

I can't create a target by operating system because that option does not exist.  There's no naming convention available to me that would identify a computer as a Linux server, so I can't create a "deny usage tracking" target for all computers whose name is like <some name>.  I won't even be doing the deployment myself, so I won't know the server names in advance.

However, I can use the msconfig command to modify the Linux machine's config.ini after the agent is initially deployed and set Disabled=True.

What takes precedence here - will the target setting overwrite the config.ini file and reset Disabled to False or will the setting made by the msconfig command "stick" even if a target includes the recently installed Linux machine?

--Mark

(1) Solution

Generally, FNMS target settings will overwrite manual updates to the machine's config.ini file.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Generally, FNMS target settings will overwrite manual updates to the machine's config.ini file.