cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Manager Forum

Join users and Flexera staff in discussion forums for answers to your FlexNet Manager Suite & Engineering Applications questions

Forum Posts

Improving FNMS - Locking licenses

Hi all,Just recently I've been working on a Windows Server compliance report for a customer. Unfortunately, althought the number of servers was rather low, the different licenses, products, bundles, applications, versions, editions, etc. made it chal...

mfranz by Level 17 Champion
  • 1 replies
  • 8 kudos

Anyone using Certero for Software asset management?

We're looking at supplementing our SCCM environment with a fully featured software asset / license management system. We've looked at Certero, Snow, and Flexera. After demos and q&a sessions with all three, we're strongly leaning towards Certero.the ...

Solved FlexNet Beacon Password Manager

We have a Windows Role ID setup in Password Manager to grant access to our vCenters. Security have mandated a password change.Is it okay to simply change the password in Password Manager or are additional configuration steps required?Also,  can FlexN...

Solved All Inventory - Inventory Chassis Type empty

Hi,A customer asked me about the "Inventory chassis type" field. In the "All inventory" view, values are missing or "Unknown", while in the inventory itfelf the value is set. I double checked it in my test environment and see the same bahaviour.Can a...

2019-08-20_12h54_58.png
mfranz by Level 17 Champion
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

What happened to FlexNet?

So... What happened? Where did it go? Do we have any other protocols that implement this "Token Ring"-like polling? Cuz... It certainly SOUNDS like a miracle cure to many problems...I did find that there is a Linux kernel module for DAMA "Slave" supp...

Solved Getting Error while trying to edit a Report

Hi all,When I try to edit a custom report(tried both public and Private) in Flenet Manager Suite reports, I am getting the following error code :Error ID: 887ca4f8-d27e-40da-aee2-6c03a54d8e45And the following text message:We have a problem. Unexpecte...

Limitations on Restrictions Tab

Hi dear community, 1) What is the suggested approach for applying restrictions to the license types below?  given that they are not supported and I have a current requirement to add restrictions based on Corporate Unit.2) Are there any plans to suppo...

Remote Devices Disappearing

I noticed that all Remote Devices are removed from my system periodically.  Any ideas what process or how to determine what process is doing this?

RobertH by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flexnet Agent install macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Hi Dear Community,I am trying to help our Mac team to install the Flexera agent for Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 and there seems to be some error that is halting the install.Can you please provide me your inputs on what could be wrong? Thank youAbhilash M

Cloaky by Level 7
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos