cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Manager Forum

Join users and Flexera staff in discussion forums for answers to your FlexNet Manager Suite & Engineering Applications questions

Forum Posts

Device Skipped in FNMS logs for some devices

Hi all,I found that some devices are not updating anymore in the "all inventory" page, in the logs I see the message "device skipped" reffered to those devices.Do any of you have any hint of why this is happening, or where I can go to check my config...

marcog by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application First Discovery

I'm in need to track first discovery date of software being introduced to our environment.  Using Device level to get Discovery Date of software yields too many records to extract and examine.  I also recognize this won't be 100% since Discovery Date...

M365 connection

Hi,I'm currently trying to set up the connection using the M365 connector from our beacon.Firewall rules allow traffic and all URL's have been added to the proxy.I can reach the Azure portal using Firefox (IE is blocked by policy) and can authenicate...

Solved Import Device Assets with Flexera Spreadsheets?

I imported a server list using the Flexera Computer.csv spreadsheet template but it appears the records were created in the 'Inventory' instead of the 'Device Assets'. Is it possible to use the Flexera spreadsheets to upload 'Device Assets'?or Do I n...

ReganL by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

BMC discovery vs FNMS agent

We are contemplating removing our FNMS agents and consuming BMC discovery data instead.  The reason is BMC has more reach to devices, FNMS agent support, etc.  I am wondering if anyone on this forum has done this or has any advice.  I am in the proce...

Privileged Role Restrictions

Does anyone have experience with implemented roles in FlexNet with highly restricted privileges? We have a use case we are contemplating for a specific role, but are unsure how to set the privileges:* user looks up/queries a single device.* user can ...

sissonr by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anonymous User Role?

Does anyone have experience with setting up an anonymous user role, where any user in an organization can access a privilege-based role in FlexNet Manager? Please feel free to provide details on how this was enacted. Was it as simple as accessing the...

sissonr by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Solved Manually Import Beacon Policy

In a scenario where a beacon is in a disconnected network and has no ability to reachback to download policy is it possibly to export the policy from the application server or parent beacon and import it into the disconnected beacon?

dbeckner by Level 10 Champion
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to get the blade enclosures

Dear All,The blade enclosures (blade chassis) are physical device which contains multiple hosts, network devices, and other components, How we will get this information to FNMS 2020 R1. We integrated with ADDM, Our ADDM tool get these information. So...