cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Inventory Devices with Flexnet Agent Not Found in All Discovered Devices

Some Inventory Devices with Flexnet Agent are not found in All Discovered Devices. Why?

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Do these devices appear on the All Inventory page? If no - that suggests the agents have not successfully generated and uploaded inventory. If yes - I can't immediately think of what might cause a device that has returned FlexNet inventory to not appear on the All Discovered Devices page, but at the same time I'm not sure whether that page is where you should be going: normally the All Inventory page would be used to see details populated from the agent.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi:

I'm looking for an answer to that exact question, and I think I remember having read in an article or forum entry that an Inventoried device is a device with information coming from an agent, while a discovered device is one found through a Discovery method. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

With this in mind, if you run a discovery on an AD, but you have non-windows machines (Linux, Unix...), those machines not in the AD will not show in the Discovered devices report.

At the same time, if those machines have an agent on them, they will appear in the Inventoried devices report.

But, as I said, I have this same question from a customer and I got here looking for that article I'm pretty sure I read that time ago.

Hi,

in our environment we had some duplicates on MAC address in All inventory list. As result we had only one record per MAC address created in All Discovered devices list. So some devices with MAC duplicates had missing Discovered device records.

Marius

We have a procedure in the import writers called SyncDiscoveredDevices which creates discovery records for any inventory device that does not have a Discovered Device record however it does have dependencies.

From memory I think it needs MAC address and / or IP Address to exist however if you're still unsure, let me know and I'll check the latest procedures to see if there's other dependencies in there.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

Hi,

wondering if any one was able to get any fix for this issue.