cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle database 18c / 19c unrecognized evidences

Hi,

I see a lot of  current Oracle Database versions with evidences not linked to an application (FNMS 2019 R2, ARL 2527).  Is this a known bug? 

NameVersion
Oracle Database 18c Standard Edition 2 Release 18.0.0.0.0 - Production18.3.0.0.0

Oracle Database 19c Standard Edition 2 Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production19.6.0.0.0
Oracle Database 19c Standard Edition 2 Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production19.5.0.0.0
Oracle Database 19c Standard Edition 2 Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production19.4.0.0.0

Oracle Database 18c Enterprise Edition Release 18.0.0.0.0 - Production18.8.0.0.0
Oracle Database 18c Enterprise Edition Release 18.0.0.0.0 - Production18.7.0.0.0
Oracle Database 18c Enterprise Edition Release 18.0.0.0.0 - Production18.5.0.0.0
Oracle Database 18c Enterprise Edition Release 18.0.0.0.0 - Production18.3.0.0.0
Oracle Database 18c Enterprise Edition Release 18.0.0.0.0 - Production18.9.0.0.0
Oracle Database 18c Enterprise Edition Release 18.0.0.0.0 - Production18.4.0.0.0
Oracle Database 18c Enterprise Edition Release 18.0.0.0.0 - Production18.6.0.0.0

Oracle Database 19c Enterprise Edition Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production19.7.0.0.0
Oracle Database 19c Enterprise Edition Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production19.3.0.0.0
Oracle Database 19c Enterprise Edition Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production19.5.0.0.0
Oracle Database 19c Enterprise Edition Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production19.6.0.0.0
Oracle Database 19c Enterprise Edition Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production19.4.0.0.0

Kind regards,

Dirk

(1) Solution

There is a Flexera team investigating some situations where it has been observed that unrecognized raw installer evidence rules created from inventory are intermittently not getting cleaned up when a rule recognizing the same installer evidence is added to the ARL. This sounds similar to the observations that have been made in this thread.

It is unclear whether this behavior is evident on both FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises systems and FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud, or just in the Cloud version.

@dirk_schumache - are you using a FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises on Cloud system?

A mitigation for this behavior is to manually delete the raw unrecognized installer evidence records that are also covered by recognition rules in the ARL. If the unrecognized records reappear after the next inventory import, then mark them as ignored rather than delete them.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(10) Replies

@dirk_schumache  - What is your source of Inventory Data?  Your examples seem to match the existing recognition patterns in the ARL, except that the ARL expects that Publisher Name to start with Oracle.  Since you did not include the Publisher Name from your examples, are the values blank?

I am attached the current ARL Patterns that exist for Oracle 18c Enterprise Database.

Hi,

The Publisher Name is Oracle Cooporation, the Application Properties look like those in your screenshot. Perhaps it's worth mentioning that we have an on premise installation.  The type of the Unrecognized Evicedes is Add/Remove Programs.

For the source of the ARL I would have to ask the operations guys. As far as I know it's downloaded from some official internet site.

Kind regards,

Dirk

@dirk_schumache  - When I asked about the "source" of inventory, what I mean is where is this evidence coming from?  Is is coming from Microsoft SCCM, is it coming from IBM BigFix, is it coming from the FlexNet Manager Agent, or ????

Hi,

The source is the FNMS Inventory Agent.

Kind regards,

Dirk

Hi,

I've seen that there is a Flexera ticket (02139979) associated to this issue. Strange that nobody else in the community mentioned this bug before.

Kind regards

Dirk

c aHI @dirk_schumache 

I understand this to be a known issue.  I raised it in respect of 19c and was informed that it was a known gap in the ARL at the time.  I raised it 5 June and was informed it would have been remediated by 19 June.

I mapped the evidence manually while awaiting the ARL update.

Regards,

There is a Flexera team investigating some situations where it has been observed that unrecognized raw installer evidence rules created from inventory are intermittently not getting cleaned up when a rule recognizing the same installer evidence is added to the ARL. This sounds similar to the observations that have been made in this thread.

It is unclear whether this behavior is evident on both FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises systems and FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud, or just in the Cloud version.

@dirk_schumache - are you using a FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises on Cloud system?

A mitigation for this behavior is to manually delete the raw unrecognized installer evidence records that are also covered by recognition rules in the ARL. If the unrecognized records reappear after the next inventory import, then mark them as ignored rather than delete them.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

We are using a FNMS On-premises system.

Thanks for the information. We'll give it a try.

After deleting the unrecognized evidences in FNMS, Oracle database instances in a variety of 18.x and 19.x versions are shown now. These instances were identified as version 18.0 or 19.0 before.  The unrecognized evidenced did not appear again (until now).

The problem still seems to affect the Oracle Server Worksheet though. There I see product version 18.0 and 19.0 only.