cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 365 adapter implementation for Flexera FNMS 2019 R2- Issue in script execution

Hi there,

We are performing the activity for Office 365 adapter implementation in Flexera FNMS R2. We have tried to execute the below mentioned script(Refer page no: 268 in the attached document for more details) in the beacon server and we are getting the error attached. We are having an admin account for beacon server and run the powershell as admin.

We have executed the script 'Install-Module MSOnline' and entered 'Y' for the prompting message for the installation of  NuGet provider. We are getting error at this point.

Requesting your help on sort this issue.

(1) Solution

If your server does not have a direct connection to the Internet, you can try a manual download & install process:

1. On a computer that does  have Internet access, use the PowerShell Save-Module cmdlet to download the module to a directory of your choice:
    Save-Module MSOnline -Path c:\Temp​
  2. Copy the C:\Temp\MSOnline directory to a directory in the $env:PSModulePath on your target server. Copying in to C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules is a typical location.
  3. To verify you've performed the steps successfully, open a PowerShell console window on your server and ensure the following command does not report any error:
    Import-Module MSOnline​
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@AnnaMarkose - This likely means that your internal Firewall/Proxy rules are preventing the beacon server to connect to the URL where the PowerShell Modules are downloaded from.  You can see the URL it is trying to download from in your screen capture.

If your server does not have a direct connection to the Internet, you can try a manual download & install process:

1. On a computer that does  have Internet access, use the PowerShell Save-Module cmdlet to download the module to a directory of your choice:
    Save-Module MSOnline -Path c:\Temp​
  2. Copy the C:\Temp\MSOnline directory to a directory in the $env:PSModulePath on your target server. Copying in to C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules is a typical location.
  3. To verify you've performed the steps successfully, open a PowerShell console window on your server and ensure the following command does not report any error:
    Import-Module MSOnline​
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)