- Flexera Community
- Data Platform
- Data Platform Release Blog
- Upcoming New Market Version: Data Platform 2022! [UPDATE: Now Available!]
Upcoming New Market Version: Data Platform 2022! [UPDATE: Now Available!]
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
UPDATE (2022-06-08, 7:22pm UTC): Data Platform 2022 is now available, please refer to this post for details
We are thrilled to announce the upcoming release of Data Platform 2022 Release!
We value you as our customers, your time and your initiatives, and that is why we want to make sure you can take advantage of all of the product-wide improvements that we have been delivering in the past two years to ensure that your everyday use cases and major projects are supported equally and completely.
Our team has been working to deliver on top requests, functionality additions and usability improvements throughout 2021 and 2022, and below is a list of those items as well as context for how they help you do what you do, but even better:
- Instant reports in User Console: pre-populated reporting for quick delivery of data insights toward common strategic initiatives
- Support for certificate authentication: standardized infrastructure support for highly secure organizations including the implementation of CAC (Common Access Card)
- Reports management in User Console using multi-level folders: organize your reports and set permissions for effective collaboration within the business
- Enhanced mapping cube in User Console: improved transparency into normalization process for your data so you can troubleshoot and create private catalog items easier with increased visibility
- Standardized mashup: simplified wizard-driven process for improved experience with data mashup—point-and-click updates to contextualize your discovered inventory
- Roll-up of open-source software (OSS) to operating system (OS) distro: increase efficiency and effectiveness by identifying OSS within the OS to roll up things like maintenance and support within the organization
- Optimized support for your top tools like BMC discovery and Helix, Tanium, BigFix, FNMS, and HPUD
- Additional performance enhancements to:
- Technopedia details page
- Catalog sync
- User Console experience
- Optimized compatibility with the Scoped App ServiceNow integration, covering native tables integration (including the lifecycle data), IRE compatibility, and the latest major improvement in transform processing time (the details of which can be found in this announcement)
Data Platform 2022 is a new market version which packages all the new features in a simple full installer that will be straightforward for most of our customers to deploy. Customers who have been holding off with upgrading to the latest version of Data Platform should seize this as the perfect opportunity to upgrade.
May 2022 is the slated timeline for the release date. Watch this space as we get closer to May. In the meantime, for more information, see our updated Solution Brief for Data Platform.
Can a customer upgrade from v5.5 to 2022, or does it require a lift and shift?
Any customer can (and shall) upgrade to 2022.
Do you know when the new version 2022 will be released?
We're still on track for end of May release. We'll provide a more definitive date as we get closer.
Quick questions for @Resnofendri : Is the go Live date for this version still May 2022 (i.e.: available at the end of this month)?
Is there end of life defined for version 5.5? If yes, what is the date?
@kathy_lagorio - I would have to defer to @Resnofendri for updates in relation to the Data Platform 2022 release.
However in relation to version 5.5, end of life information about this can be found on the following page: Data Platform End-of-Life Policy and Notices. At this point in time, no end of life date has been identified for the 5.5 release.
Quick questions for @Resnofendri : Is there a new expected release data for this upgrade? If so what is the new date? Thanks
will the upgrade be part of patch update or new installer /config wizard needs to be downloaded from Flexera portal
@kathy_lagorio, as we discussed during our roadmap session, there has been no immediate EOL date defined for 5.5 version yet.
@ajinkyaestee, the new installer can now be downloaded from the Product and License Center on the portal. Thank you for your patience!
Edited (2022-0616): the new Migration Wizard can now also be downloaded from the PLC. Tagging @kathy_lagorio here as well.
Will existing 5.5 installations get the new upgrade through an update set? Or do we need to run the new installer?
@goody612 - take a look at the following information from the Data Platform 2022 release notes for guidance about installation and upgrade options: https://docs.flexera.com/dataplatform/ReleaseNotes/Content/helplibrary/Deployment.htm
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.