cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Set Update "Failed to Update"

Hi guys. I'm trying to update Admin Console as informed on top banner of a new Patch Set but I keep getting an error message: Failed to execute [User Console 5.5.22_Analyze_NBIDLLS Update Set]. I looked over the community but couldn't find any information regarding this. I'm attaching a couple of screen shots of the error. I appreciate any help that you can provide. Thanks
(1) Solution
Glad it worked out. Appreciate the update.
Deepa

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
DSood1
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran
Hi
Can you please share your user console logs from your logs folder u set user console install directory?
Also, please check and confirm if data platform upgraded to patch 5.5.22.

Thank you
Deepa

Hi @DSood1 

Thank you so much for your help. 

I'm attaching the requested logs. As per the logs it looks that the tool upgraded from 5.5.20 to 5.5.21 successfully. The logs are showing that the main issue is when upgrading to 5.5.22. Thanks for your help. 

Can you please provide the user console logs as that is where it is failing to apply the patch?

The one attached appears to be from data platform.

Get Outlook for iOS<>

@DSood1  Thanks for all your help on this. I'm attaching the requested log file. 

Please let me know if there's any other required information. 

I see this error in the log
2019-10-10 11:38:59,525 0 INFO Commandline: [C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c cd "D:\Program Files\BDNA\User Console\tmp" && "D:\Program Files\BDNA\User Console\Tools\PostgreSQL\bin\pg_upgrade.exe" -d "D:\Program Files\BDNA\User Console\tmp\5.5.22_UpgradeBackup\31626\PostgreSQL\data" -D "D:\Program Files\BDNA\User Console\Tools\PostgreSQL\data" -b "D:\Program Files\BDNA\User Console\tmp\5.5.22_UpgradeBackup\31626\PostgreSQL\bin" -B "D:\Program Files\BDNA\User Console\Tools\PostgreSQL\bin" -p 5432 -P 5432 -U postgres -v]
2019-10-10 11:38:59,525 0 INFO Output: [Running in verbose mode

could not write to log file "pg_upgrade_internal.log"
Failure, exiting]
2019-10-10 11:38:59,525 0 ERROR Return: [C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe] []
2019-10-10 11:38:59,525 0 INFO Next will rollback action: [Rollback]
2019-10-10 11:38:59,525 0 WARN Execute action failed. [23][ExecAction]
System.Exception: Not expected return value. [return:1]
at BDNA.Normalize.UpdaterLib.Action.ExecAction.Execute()

We did have an issue with 5.5.22 . Can you please do a catalog sync and you will see an updated 5.5.22 patch on the banner. PLease apply that and let me know if the issue still exists

@dsood Thank you so much for your assistance. After performing the recommended steps, the admin console it's now updated to the latest patch and it's also working as expected.

Glad it worked out. Appreciate the update.
Deepa