cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Application Isolation

Hi All,Am just embarking on a project to rollout MSI validated applications and am looking into application isolation.My question is, does it require much extra effort to isolate an application when packaging it ? 1 or 2 hours maybe (at most?)Also, w...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Arguments passed from setup.exe to MSI

HiDoes anyone know of any tools I can use to work out what arguments get passed to an msi database from a setup.exe . I have to package Intellimouse drives for deployment with sms and because the application is an msi package already, means that I c...

Uninstall action not firing...

I'm having no luck getting an uninstall custom action to fire.The INSTALL custom action is:InstallDriver.exe -installThis install action is set "After RegisterComPlus" (actually, it can exist anywhere between "After InstallFiles" and "After InstallFi...

bjaber by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 2343

I have created Setup.exe for NT. The packaged went through fine but When i installed the setup.exe and get "Internal error 2343" and can't installed it. I created log file (attached).

usarif by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

windows services file entries

The SAP front end client 6.20 appends 100 entries to the end of the services file c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\services. The basic installshield package only captures the end product of this process. It captures the service file with the new entries...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppressing certain install UI screens

Without the use of the Project wizard (which give you the option of showing 5 various UI screens: Install Welcome, License Agreement, Maintainence mode, Ready to install, Finished), how would I suppress JUST the License agreement and "Ready to instal...

bjaber by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaging an IS Self-Extracting EXE

I trying to repackage a vendor application that was created as an InstallShield Self Extracting EXE.I've created a .ISS file and this handles all of the responses that I needed to. However, at the beginning of the install I still have a pop up that ...

mxl0b23 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ICE30 Error

Hi,When I make MSI using developer..It create the MSI with zero error and warning...Now If I apply "Full MSI Validation Rule", It gives the following error.....Can any body suggest me the solution....ICE30 Error The target file 'mkmrep~1.dll|mkmrepob...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing the MSI add/remove Path after Install

Is there any easy way to change the add/remove path that Windows Installer pouplates. I am looking for the ability to change the path to the msi so no matter where someone installs the MSI from it will always go to this new path for repair and remov...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macromedia Studio MX

When trying to build an MSI from the ISM file for studio MX I get the following unspecified error...Tuesday, July 29, 2003 10:14:01AMStarting conversionCreating Developer project: C:\Packages\macromedia\Shockwave Flash.ismReading repackager output ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos