cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

ISM and MSI Error

Hi,I hv created .MSI using Repackager successfully. I hv the following query..(1)When I open .ISM file in the developer and run "Full MSI Validation suite" it gives some error which I resolved and built with 0 error and 0 warning.(2)When I open .MSI ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcereboot

Hi people,A quick question regarding the force reboot action. After the installation is through and the computer is rebooted, I need to log on again using Admin rights. I assume this is viable with MSI, but I have no idea where to start looking. Can ...

Multiple setups required

Problem - Application that I'm trying to convert to MSI requires three different setup's to complete. First is base product install, then there are two additional setup's required to bring up to current version. I've tried letting Repackager launch...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setup.exe to MSI??

Hi,Firstly I must say Im fairly new to Install Shield Admin Studio. But have been using zenworks for many years now.I've got a setup.exe packaged with installshield, and 2 .CAB files along with it. If I run setup.exe -a I get a usual folder like{...

Custom n Typical Installation

Hi,I have created .MSI using Repackager successfully now I want the option for "Custom or Typical installation" when we try to install that application using .MSI..ie when I install it should ask whether u wanna Custom or Typical installation. I do n...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

1931 error

Hi,I have created .MSI using Repackager with 0 error and 0 warnings,then I have built and perform the "Full MSI Validation Suite" successfully. When I tried to install the application using .MSI it gives the 1931 error ..When I press ok it goes ahead...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package upgrade...

OK, I just got back from the "Updates and Patches" seminar, but I am still a bit unclear on how to get my package to uninstall an older version of it if one is installed.The version number is not changeing. Can someone give me quick steps to do this?...

bjaber by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Professional/Entreprise

What is the diffrence between the professional and the entreprise version of AdminStudio

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Populating a property with a variable

I want to edit an MST directly to polutate a property with the [ComputerName] variable. I don't think I can do this in the property table because it will just put the literal string "[ComputerName]" in there instead of the computer's host name.What'...

dlls fail to load

I'm getting an error when I run my MSI that four dlls fail to load. I tried setting them to self-register but this doesn't help.Any ideas?Thanks.