cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Program Menu Folders

I need to try and create a shortcut folder (Start manu, Programs,MYFOLDER) that is all capitals. I've tried making the entry in the directory table all capitals but NT converts this to lower case and the best I've achieved so far is a capital first l...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager not capturing files

I'm using 3.5 and Repackager is not capturing files for one of my setups. However, it will capture the registry changes.I'm running Isrepackager from a remote server and I'm saving the data to the same remote server.I'm using multiple snapshot mode....

I am new to installshield

Are there any books out there that are available on InstallShield that can be read to learn the product

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

EULA Error with VisioViewer2002

I'm new to AdminStudio and I'm having a difficult time packaging this application.I took the VisioViewer.exe and opened it to get at the msi. Then I used tuner to build an mst. We use tivoli to distribute application, so I tried the Distribution wi...

mxl0b23 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blue Screen

Hi!I am trying to create my first MSI package (ServerProtect AntiVirus) and when I run the package on the target computer I get a bluse screen with error "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDELED"I am using AdminStudio version 5.0 and this is how I am creating t...

Creating a template

I understand that Installshield has a sample template that I can use to create a template that I can use on all my installs. Can anybody help me as to how I can get to it?

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to access file error message

I've been trying to repackage Novell iFolder 2.1 using AdminStudio 5.0. After packaging the application, then installing it, I continually get the same exact error message when attempting to launch the application:Failed to access NiFltr.sys.Re-inst...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio Newbie needs help...

Hi everyone, I've used AdminStudio 5 to create an MSI of our software package but the newest version of our client software is a bit more difficult to convert. I'm hoping I can get some help from you all. The new client does the following (in ord...

bjaber by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

file removal

I have repackaged SAP front end client 6.20 compile 4 with success. Trouble is the following files are not getting removed when the application is uninstalled.c:\winnt\system32\sapbtmp.dll c:\winnt\system32\sapfcpl.cplc:\winnt\system32\sapregsv.exeT...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VB Script

I need help writting vb script code. I have an executable that I need to run and I have to send keys to the windows saying yes and another key to ok button. Or I can just pass a parameter to run it in silent mode.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos