cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

compressed msi and setup.exe

Using the Developer IDE Release Wizard, is it possible to create a compressed msi file and then a setup.exe to launch it? I can only seem to get it to create either a compressed msi with no setup.exe launcher or an uncompressed msi (with associated ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permissions on registry keys

I tried to set permissions voor a group on registry keys on NT 4.0. This seems not to work I get the error: 1609 with the message that computername\Administrators is not a valid user or group. The SDK says something about it: "A custom action is req...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

tuner/windows installer error

For two similar application suites, I attempt to create a response MST to their pre existing MSI file. When I've finished creating the response and tuner attempts to open, I get the following error message:Windows Installer Error 2252 C:\Docume~1\u...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

dialog display

hi allaside from the /qn option on the command line, how can i disable the dialogs when an app is installing?i have to click on next 1 time and on finish at the end of the install, i want to skip those, in fact i want to skip everything but the statu...

kardock by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

project end date

does the project end date / start date (defined in the project properties page) have any influence over data entry for migration requests ?is this intended just for info purposes ??

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Combination ZENworks - Adminstudio

Rear one, we would like to work gladly strengthened with MSI packages. In addition we want to merge the Tool AdminStudion in ZENworks. We would provide gladly with the AdminStudio Snapshots and these then with ZENworks would distribute. Did someone a...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared Assemblies

I have used the Application Isolation Wizard to isolate one of my applications using a private assembly. I would also like to create a shared assembly for a DLL file and install this into the WinSxS directory on Windows XP to see how this works.I wou...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

GUID issue

Using InstallShield 6.0, we constructed our own GUIDs by taking the InstallShield GUID and appending a numeric profile id, to allow the installation of multiple copies of the product on the same machine, but only allow one copy of each profile. We wo...

bjaber by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos