cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vmware Vcenter- VMwareInfrastructureLoginFailed

Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me why I'm getting below mentioned error for vmware inventory.

"Contacted the VMware Infrastructure server but failed to login. The problem is probably related to access credentials., Type: VirtualInventory, Result: Failed, Status: VMwareInfrastructureLoginFailed, Duration: 4.15, StartDateTime: 2023-10-03T19:52:07, IsSkippedTask: false, IsDiscoveryTask: false"

I can open- Ip/Ui & IP/Mob & SDK url in the browser 

I have attached the logs below for your reference.

Regards,

Abhishek

(1) Solution

Hi durgesh,

Thank you for the support!

We found out the problem, actually there was a euro symbol in the password which was creating the problem & it's not accepted by the beacon server. so the connection was failing. We have updated the password & it worked fine.

Regards,

Abhishek

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Test your credential with RV tool to make sure , credential are perfectly fine. if its working in RV tool. Try filter option on respective credential in beacon password manager.

HI Durgesh!

Credentials are working fine as I can login to the vcenter successfully. But why it says failed when executed by beacon server.

Regards,

Abhishek

How have you configured in password manager. are you having single VC account or multiple account are configured?

If multiple , did you use filter option?

HI Durgesh,

I have a single VC account configured, could you please how to proceed with this?

Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

Regards,

Abhishek

User name must be mention like username@domain name. Also use filter option & add Vc IPs on it.

Hi durgesh,

Thank you for the support!

We found out the problem, actually there was a euro symbol in the password which was creating the problem & it's not accepted by the beacon server. so the connection was failing. We have updated the password & it worked fine.

Regards,

Abhishek