cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign In to M365 Domain vs Last Activity

Hi,

Do you know why the date in the "Sign In to M365 Domain" column of the Microsoft 365 Users report might be different from the "Last Activity"?

In Flexera's documentation I have read that "Sign In to M365 Domain" displays a timestamp for the last time users signed in to their Microsoft 365 account and reports the last activity within user accounts, whereas "Last Activity" shows the user’s last activity date, but I don't understand the difference and there are cases with a large difference.

Hope you can help me!

(1) Solution
dwampach1
By Level 8 Flexeran
Level 8 Flexeran

Thank you Jesus for your question. 

The Last Activity date is the last time any specific product (Teams, Outlook, etc.) on the integration was used.

The Sign In to M365 Domain refers to the last time the domain was signed into.

It's possible for users to have a Sign In to Domain value while never having used a M365 application and hence will be shown as inactive under Last Activity.

This information has been added to the SaaS Management help for all 3 Microsoft 365 integrations. 

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
dwampach1
By Level 8 Flexeran
Level 8 Flexeran

Thank you Jesus for your question. 

The Last Activity date is the last time any specific product (Teams, Outlook, etc.) on the integration was used.

The Sign In to M365 Domain refers to the last time the domain was signed into.

It's possible for users to have a Sign In to Domain value while never having used a M365 application and hence will be shown as inactive under Last Activity.

This information has been added to the SaaS Management help for all 3 Microsoft 365 integrations.