cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Vendor Issue

I have multiple duplicate vendor listed in All vendor list and purchases are  added to them. Kindly let me know how can i move all purchases and assign to single vendor and delete the duplicate. Since moving single purchases is time consuming.

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That sounds like a messy situation!

If you can prepare a spreadsheet that maps purchase records to the vendor records you want (using suitably unique identifying field(s) for both record types), you could consider developing a business adapter to update the Vendor field on the identified purchase records.

Deleting vendor records would probably need to be done through the UI. Business adapters can't directly delete vendor records.

And one other thought to consider: If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises (not Cloud) and are a bit of a wiz with working directly with the SQL compliance database, you could potentially look to use SQL queries to update details directly in the database. You would be needing to look to update VendorID references across any tables where they exist (such as dbo.PurchaseOrder for purchase orders). However I wouldn't normally recommend directly updating data in the database unless you are very confident in what you are doing.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That sounds like a messy situation!

If you can prepare a spreadsheet that maps purchase records to the vendor records you want (using suitably unique identifying field(s) for both record types), you could consider developing a business adapter to update the Vendor field on the identified purchase records.

Deleting vendor records would probably need to be done through the UI. Business adapters can't directly delete vendor records.

And one other thought to consider: If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises (not Cloud) and are a bit of a wiz with working directly with the SQL compliance database, you could potentially look to use SQL queries to update details directly in the database. You would be needing to look to update VendorID references across any tables where they exist (such as dbo.PurchaseOrder for purchase orders). However I wouldn't normally recommend directly updating data in the database unless you are very confident in what you are doing.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)