cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building an application report for a specific list of devices

Hello, 

I have a list of 80 devices - how do I build a report to only show applications installed for these 80 devices?

I know I can build a custom report - and add each individual device as a filter, but this is very time consuming... is there a smarter quicker way to build a report to show these devices only? 

Thanks

Laura 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have a common field value that can be used to identify all the devices you want to report on, then you can include that field in the report and configure a filter to only show records with the relevant value. For example, if the devices you want to report on are those that are in the "Australia/Melbourne" location then configure a filter on the report for that value.

However if there is no field value (or small set of values) that identifies that devices to report on, then I can't think of any other way apart from configuring a filter with all the 80 individual conditions to identify each individual device by their name/serial number/whatever unique value you are using to identify each device.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have a common field value that can be used to identify all the devices you want to report on, then you can include that field in the report and configure a filter to only show records with the relevant value. For example, if the devices you want to report on are those that are in the "Australia/Melbourne" location then configure a filter on the report for that value.

However if there is no field value (or small set of values) that identifies that devices to report on, then I can't think of any other way apart from configuring a filter with all the 80 individual conditions to identify each individual device by their name/serial number/whatever unique value you are using to identify each device.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)