cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with multiple FNMS web application servers ?

Hi, do you found a solution / possibility to configure and work in your FNMS enviroment with more then one web application server ? We plan to implement for our client min. 2 x FNMS web application servers which should used at all time parallel the same FNMS databases. Do you think it is possible and which information we need to setup this specific configuration ? BR
(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, it is possible to set up multiple web application servers. This is how the FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud instances are configured as one aspect to ensure high availability and to provide some horizontal scaling. To set it up, simply perform the web application server install process on multiple computers.

You may want to consider putting some sort of load balancer in front of the servers so that users just have a single URL to navigate to. Check out the following article for a top on how to do this: How to configure FNMS to support load balancing multiple web application servers. Alternatively (for a simpler setup) you could publish different URLs for the different web application servers that you users can browse to.

Always be sure to have the web application servers physically located near the database and other application server computers: a high-speed network connection is expected to exist between all these servers.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, it is possible to set up multiple web application servers. This is how the FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud instances are configured as one aspect to ensure high availability and to provide some horizontal scaling. To set it up, simply perform the web application server install process on multiple computers.

You may want to consider putting some sort of load balancer in front of the servers so that users just have a single URL to navigate to. Check out the following article for a top on how to do this: How to configure FNMS to support load balancing multiple web application servers. Alternatively (for a simpler setup) you could publish different URLs for the different web application servers that you users can browse to.

Always be sure to have the web application servers physically located near the database and other application server computers: a high-speed network connection is expected to exist between all these servers.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)