cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Import Failed - FNMS 2018 R1

Hi,

FNMS has failed to complete the Inventory Import task since one week ago. The summary says: Inventory gathering failed. Error: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

The log shows the following: 

2019-04-29 01:30:18,186 [INFO ] Failed to execute Reader 'InsertOptionalUnixFilesIntoTempRelevantSoftwareFile' from file C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\Inventory\Reader\managesoft\FileEvidence.xml, at step line 1
Error: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
2019-04-29 01:30:18,186 [INFO ] All retries have been attempted for Reader 'InsertOptionalUnixFilesIntoTempRelevantSoftwareFile'
2019-04-29 01:30:18,186 [INFO ] Completed with error in 2 hours, 0 minutes, 5 seconds.
2019-04-29 01:30:18,202 [ERROR] System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out
at...

Has anyone experienced something like that? What are the steps to try to fix this? Thanks.

I attach the complete file.

(3) Replies
Hi,
Thanks, will try that, but I noticed that my log has more and different lines. I hope this helps.
DAWN
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran
You can increase the timeout. In addition, I recommend ensuring that you are re-indexing your FNMSCompliance database weekly as part of your routine maintenance. This can have a HUGE impact on the Installer and File Evidence matching and cleanup tasks. A quick Google with your SQL Server version should bring up the specific syntax for your implementation.