- Flexera Community
- FlexNet Manager
- FlexNet Manager Forum
- Automatic change of inventory/asset/user objects within FNMS
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
Automatic change of inventory/asset/user objects within FNMS
Hi all -
I'm looking to see if anyone else has came up with a method or if perhaps in a roadmap of FNMS (Cloud) which would allow an easier way to have inventory/assets/users have their statuses (Active, Ignored, etc.) automatically updated based on "rules". I would say this is a pretty basic function a SAM Manager would perform to keep their system "healthy" but also keep their licensing in check.
There are some creative ways with the use of a business adapter to do tasks like this, but without access to databases in the Cloud, we're a bit more limited in what can be done with that. Given also not everyone, consultant, partner, user is a guru with SQL/Business Adapter.
I've seen in other tools and solutions where the idea is a simple Web UI option to perform the basic tasks of "Inventory Management" which I would really like to see within FNMS. Something like this would save a huge amount of time of manual work or need for customization.
Some ideas or examples of what I'm looking for, possibly under "Inventory Settings/System Settings" menu, rules for these object types:
- [Checkbox] - Enable discovery management
- [Up to 365 days] - Remove discovered devices after XX amount of days
- [Checkbox] - Enable inventory management
- Change inventoried device status to "Ignored" after XX amount of days
- Remove inventoried device after XX amount of days
- [Checkbox] - Enable asset management
- Any rules make sense here?
- [Checkbox] - Enable user management
- Change user status to "Inactive" after XX amount of days
- Remove user after XX amount of days
This thread has been automatically locked due to inactivity.
To continue the discussion, please start a new thread.
If you are looking to request that a new feature be added to FNMS then you can post your suggestion on the blog post linked below.
Have an idea for changing FlexNet Manager? The product team wants to hear it:
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".