cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License is not linked to an application or product.

Hi,

We are getting "License is not linked to an application or product." issue when we process some purchases with recognized SKUs in library. 

What is the recommended approach for those cases? Should we open a case or add them manually?

Regards,

(2) Solutions

@CAUCAR - You need to submit a Support Case so that Flexera can update the SKU Library and get the correct applications linked to this SKU.

In the meantime you can go to the Applications tab of the license and manually add the correct application(s).

View solution in original post

It is also possible that it is appropriate that the license is not linked to an application, in which case no action would be needed in response to that notification. For example, this would be typical for SaaS licenses, or licenses which are not directly tied to installations of software components on computers in your organization.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@CAUCAR - You need to submit a Support Case so that Flexera can update the SKU Library and get the correct applications linked to this SKU.

In the meantime you can go to the Applications tab of the license and manually add the correct application(s).

It is also possible that it is appropriate that the license is not linked to an application, in which case no action would be needed in response to that notification. For example, this would be typical for SaaS licenses, or licenses which are not directly tied to installations of software components on computers in your organization.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

You have to submit a Support Case with SKU details to update the SKU library and get the correct application linked to that SKU.

for the time being you can go to the Applications tab of the license and manually add the application for getting consumption.