cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle EBS License Usage Tracking

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for answers if we can discover automatic usage of Oracle E-Business Suite which is installed onprem.

If yes, please advise on the below:

1. Do I need to add any special scripts to the agent

2. Will this agent needs to be deployed on the application server or the database server

3. How will the usage output be? will it have License/module name, user id, user email & last login date

Please help out as we have a customer who is desperately looking at automation on this, they are using FNMS 2023 R2.

Thank you.

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

1. The agent doesn't need any "special scripts". However the Enable collection of Oracle EBS audit data inventory gathering option will need to be enabled. When this is enabled, the setting will be distributed via policy and the agent automatically will scan for this information. Refer to the following for more information on how to enable it: Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Scanning

2. The FlexNet inventory agent should be deployed on the computers where Oracle EBS components are installed.

3. EBS data is gathered according to Oracle's GLAS scripts & requirements, and is included in the Oracle GLAS archive. This data is not used by FNMS for calculating license consumption details.

FlexNet Manager Suite 2024 R1 is required to make use of these capabilities. A brief overview of capabilities in this space is available here: Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) verification data can now be added to the Oracle GLAS evidence archive.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)