cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM licence analysis - high frequency scanning (sub-cap. Db2) what`s about the CPU Load?

Hi all, according to Flexera's manual the scanning process needs up to 50% of a CPU during 130 seconds in normal operation. For the IBM licence analysis there are discussions about "high frequency scanning". I could not find any technical documentation about the load of the servers for this scenario. Therefore I have to assume that this scenario results in a significantly higher load compared ro normal scanning.

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The high frequency (typically every 30 minute) scan is a very lightweight scan that just checks for some hardware configuration changes and uploads inventory if a change is found. The CPU consumption of this operation will typically be a small fraction of the consumption generated when gathering full inventory details.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

The vast majority of the CPU consumption of a normal agent inventory scan happens during the scan of the local hard drives to capture File Evidence.

The High-Frequency Scanning for IBM PVU sub-capacity is only gathering hardware inventory - no software inventory is captured.  Hardware inventory is typically gathered by making API calls to the native OS and is very lightweight in terms of CPU usage or Disk I/O