maria_2019
Active participant

Adobe CC recognition

Jump to solution

Hi all,

i have created a CC license (User metric) with CC 2020 application attached. 
Now, a Device appears with the installations you see on the screenshot (CC 2019, CC 2018, Photoshop 2020 and Dreamweaver 2020). The last two installations arenot covered by the license. I have added those applications additionally to the CC license now.

But my question is should not it be covered by the license already?

Thnaks in advance,

Maria

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kclausen
Flexera
Flexera

Re: Adobe CC recognition

Jump to solution

@maria_2019 - When I create a license with this specific Adobe Part Number (65297757BA02A12), it create a license with a product bundle of all the individual Adobe CC products, it does not create the license by attaching the Adobe Creative Cloud "suite", from our ARL.  Therefore, all of the stand-alone installs of Adobe Cloud products should be consumed against the license.  See the attached picture of the Applications tab of the created license.

View solution in original post

kclausen
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

@EHacking - The SKU creates the bundle correctly with the individual products.  The issue is that because some devices have 3 or more of the applications defined by the ARL in the Creative Cloud Suite, some devices then show that the Suite is installed instead of the individual products.  In the case of @maria_2019, she resolved this by adding the Suite to the applications tab of the license.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
dennis_reinhardt
Frequent contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @maria_2019 

could you please re-upload your screenshot, you've attached an exan practitioner screenshot.

The application recognition based on Installer/File/WMI oder SWIDTAG evidences. Details can be found in each application record in the tab "evidences". If none of the linked application evidences is found on your device, the application isn't recognized and would not count any consumption. The easiest way to check the identified applications by FNMS for each inventory device is the "evidence tab". If your adobe application appears here, than please check if you added the wright application to your license.

How did you create the Adobe license ? By processing a purchase order with an valid Adobe SKU or did you add all license details manually?

Best, Dennis

maria_2019
Active participant

Jump to solution
Hi @dennis_reinhardt,

thanks for pointing it out - i have uploaded the right pictures.
The applications are recognized. This is more the problem of downgrading. I thought if i have Photoshop 2020 installed it should be covered by CC 2020, but it is not. The licence CC 2020 is only covering CC 2019. Maybe because it does not cover compoments of CC if there are 2 or less (in this case Photoshop and InDesign)?

BR,
Maria
dennis_reinhardt
Frequent contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @maria_2019 

the downgrade rights depending on the SKU linked to the purchase order. If your SKU only supports downgrade to one version below, then Flexera implements this accordingly. An option can be to adjust the downgrade rights manually to allow more than 1 version (https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/LicProp-DowngradeRig... )

The best thing to do is to take look at the corresponding license terms to see if and to what extent a downgrade is possible for the corresponding SKU. A manual adjustment will of course falsify the license compliance and does not reflect the exact usage rights. Could you please tell us the SKU you've used for your CC 2020 license

Best, Dennis

maria_2019
Active participant

Jump to solution
Hi,
we have used 65297757BA02A12.
The downgrade rights were changes already manually until 2018.
Regards,
Maria
0 Kudos