cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Platform Not Reporting Correct Windows 10 Version

We have Data Platform 2022 installed. It gets its normalized info from FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R2. Both are on-prem. I have a client system running FlexNet Inventory Agent 2022 R2 and even though i check the .NDI file which shows Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Build Number 19043 (21H1), Data Platform is showing the Operating System for the system as 1507. How do I get it to report the correct OS?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The first thing to check is whether the following query returns any data when executed against your FlexNet Manager Suite compliance database:

SELECT *
FROM dbo.ImportedWMIEvidence e
	JOIN dbo.ComplianceConnection c ON c.ComplianceConnectionID = e.ComplianceConnectionID AND c.SourceType = 'ManageSoft'
WHERE
    e.ClassName = 'Win32_OperatingSystem'
    AND e.PropertyName NOT IN ('Name', 'Caption') -- Check for high fidelity data

If you do not get any data from this query then you are likely to need the changes described in the following article: Enable high fidelity OS evidence for import from FNMS to IT Visibility.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

We seem to be experiencing the same issue.  IS this a technopedia issue or ?  FNMS has the right build but FDP isnt getting it or reconciling/normalizing it correctly.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The first thing to check is whether the following query returns any data when executed against your FlexNet Manager Suite compliance database:

SELECT *
FROM dbo.ImportedWMIEvidence e
	JOIN dbo.ComplianceConnection c ON c.ComplianceConnectionID = e.ComplianceConnectionID AND c.SourceType = 'ManageSoft'
WHERE
    e.ClassName = 'Win32_OperatingSystem'
    AND e.PropertyName NOT IN ('Name', 'Caption') -- Check for high fidelity data

If you do not get any data from this query then you are likely to need the changes described in the following article: Enable high fidelity OS evidence for import from FNMS to IT Visibility.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

we are running 2020r2 and we are getting no data while running that query.  the link that was shared states that 2020r2 should have this issue fixed already.   should we proceed with the steps or upgrade to 2022 r1 and hope this fixes it

I think the following information in the article is incorrect: "FNMS 2020 R2 and later versions contain all these changes, do not take steps described in this article." From what I can see, the changes described by the article were actually first included in the FlexNet Manager Suite 2021 R1 release, not 2020 R2.

So on that basis, either upgrading to a more recent FlexNet Manager Suite release or applying the changes described in the article would be appropriate in your situation where you have the 2020 R2 version installed.

I am in the same boat. Running 2020r2 and we are getting no data while running that query. Based on @ChrisG comment below we will be moving forward with applying the changes described in the article and see what happens. 

@jtown54 / @joshua_neadow 

I've seen this happen when there are multiple inventory sources configured for FlexNet Manager (FNMS), e.g. both SCCM and FlexNet inventory. As Chris points out above the FlexNet inventory (labeled ManageSoft) will be one data source to check but there may be others in your implementations.

Please also be aware that FNMS was improved to correctly capture the OS caption so depending on the FNMS version you may experience differences...

Thanks,