cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field from FNMS - Normalize

If we have a custom field in FNMS on a piece of Software. Will that custom field be available / brought over into Data Platform during a Normalization? 

For example. We want to assign a "Department Name" to a piece of software discovered in FNMS. When we run EOL reports in Data Platform can we access that custom field to add to the report? 

Thanks

(1) Solution
jasonlu
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

No it won't.

Probably the easiest way to get that is to create a separate 'mashup' connection.

1) Export a FNMS report showing the ARL number, your custom "Department Name"

2) Create a simple mashup in Data Platform, using the ARL number as the key.

j

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
jasonlu
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

No it won't.

Probably the easiest way to get that is to create a separate 'mashup' connection.

1) Export a FNMS report showing the ARL number, your custom "Department Name"

2) Create a simple mashup in Data Platform, using the ARL number as the key.

j

Thank you Jason. 

I noticed by default the arl does not seem to be populating in the User Console after a normalization process. When I seclect ARL ID from the field selection it's blank for all software. Any ideas? 

@GDPaulB , I just checked my test instance of Data Platform and confirm that I am seeing what you are: The 'ARL ID' is not populated, in fact none of the fields under 'Flexera Software ARL' seem to be populated.

Technopedia is updated and recent, and Data Platform has normalised with no issues. Not sure if this is an issue with the product, the library or what.

I suggest raising a case for this.

In my original suggestion I just looked at the available keys in the simple mashup wizard, and ARL was one of them.

j

I think ARL information is only included in the Technopedia data you receive if there is an appropriate condition added to your Technopedia license which is not necessarily included by default.

If you want to have this data (and are entitled to it) then contact your Flexera account manager or Flexera Support to request it.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I'll do that too. thanks Chris.

j

Update:  raised a support case to request this, and got a reply back in a few days that changes have been made to the license, and to update Technopedia.

After I did so, I now see detail in the various fields under the 'Flexera Software ARL' section, including ARL ID.

No changes are needed on your Data Platform instance, other than just updating Techopedia.

Thank you Jason! Do you happen to know if there were any changes to your license required for this update? I currently have a case open as well for this issue and they're looking at our license level to ensure its available. 

The case said that the 'Orders Team' had to make a change to the license, and to then update Technopedia. That's all.

j