cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Registry variables

I need to have a variable in the registry table put the hardcoded value in the registry of the client machine. For example, if I use %APPDATA%\Exceed in the Current User section of the registry, it puts that exact text in the registry. Most apps woul...

baking by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

user specific installation part

is there a possibility to build a msi file that contains files or registry keys that will be installed in every user profile.my problem is that i have to register some reg keys in every profile. my hope is to build a msi package that installs this co...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 2000 Freezing

Has anyone else experienced problems with repackaged installers created with AS 3.5 causing Windows 2000 machines to freeze on first run? You then restart the computer and the hourglass stays on the logon screen. You are unable to press CTRL-ALT-DE...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem converting Repackager output files

I installed ISAS 3.5 as a Domain admin. Everything works fine with this user account.Then I logged in as my normal user account which is a Windows XP Power User.I tried to repackage “Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5”. The repackaging itself worked great, I got a ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intellimonitor vs. Wise SmartMonitor

I am sorry if I sound Wise biased, but IS is doing a disservice to this community promoting there new Intellimonitor feature as new and revolutionary. Wise has had this technolgy for the last 18 months. The bottom line is that our organzation has go...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem making a package - 3.5 crashing

I am attempting to make a small package. I am having trouble with the package installing fonts. I noticed that the package works, except a lot of the installed .ttf fonts are not in the package. Attempting to look at the files listed in the [Fonts] s...

BUpson by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Urgent ! - File Security Issue

Hi,I have a serious problem for which I cannot find a solution.What I do is create a TRANSFORM to REPLACE 2 files in an msi package (For those of you who know Citrix ICA Client, I try to replace the original "Appsrv.ini" and "Pn.ini" files with custo...

bertilh by Level 5
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

still having trouble with reg keys in packages.

I am using active directory to install software via policies. I am having the most trouble with Winzip. When winzip installs via the policy, all the current user settings go in the regkey area of the HKU - machine profile. When the user logs in an...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickTime Question

I have been working on making package of QuickTime 6, and am running into a little glitch. Was hoping someone could help me out here (I am new to using Admin Studio).I have successfully done a repackage, and have a working MSI. When running the MSI ...

BUpson by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio Tuner

Is there a way to create a custom action in a transform?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos