cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem converting Repackager output files

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I installed ISAS 3.5 as a Domain admin. Everything works fine with this user account.

Then I logged in as my normal user account which is a Windows XP Power User.

I tried to repackage “Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5”. The repackaging itself worked great, I got a Repackager output file. Now I'd like to convert this output file to a MSI file. I started "Legacy Setup Conversion Wizard" entered the location to the *.inc and so on. The last Button in the Wizard is "Convert". I pressed "Convert” and the following message occurred:

Thursday, September 05, 2002 12:05PM
Converting: P:\BMS Software\EN\Acrobat Reader 5.0.5\Package\Acrobat Reader.inc to: P:\BMS Software\EN\Acrobat Reader 5.0.5\Package\Acrobat Reader-1.ism
Starting conversion
Creating project file
*** Error: InstallShield Developer must be installed to convert .inc project files.

When I try the same steps with the domain admin account everything is OK und the file is converted. I tried this also on another installation and even there is the same problem.

What is wrong? What can I do?

Thanks

Frank
(2) Replies
Hi,

I don't really answer you question but I think you should be able to convert it to a MSI file by opening it with the authoring too.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I already tried to convert the file to MSI with the author, but even there the error pops up.

Frank