cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Replacing protected files

hi,I'm installing media player 9 on windows xp. One of the windows protected file dll's is replaced by this install. Every time I run the msi that i created, it install ok, but xp replace the dll again with the older (protected) version.If i use th...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tuner with Office 2000 and Office XP

An application that I have packaged will only work with Excel 2000. But Office XP is installed as part of the base image and is the corporate standard. These are the steps that I have taken, to get the application to function on a clean XP workstat...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

File and registry value Searching

I want to perform a search right at the beginning of an install for a particular registry value and if it exists i want the MSI to exit as Completed.I have setup the registry search and the search has said it stores the infor in ARPCOMMENTS..what doe...

merge modules

can anyone tell me if they have used the MDAC 2.5(german) merge module from installshields web site successfully? I have tried 3 times to download it. and everytime i include it in a project it gives the following:ISDEV : error -4072: Error retrievin...

Repackaging Sophos Sweep

Has anyone successfully packaged Sophos Sweep v3.67?When using Installation monitor when I try to convert the INC file, I get the error :--------------------------------------------------Thursday, March 20, 2003 09:19AMConverting: Z:\Repackaging Stor...

mnimmo by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie Question

I create a basic MSI with a single feature. This feature installs two files to the target. I am using the wizard, with the destination as program files\Test. When I run or test the package the files do not get delivered. I know this is something ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbe Question

I am just starting to use AdminStudio so forgive me if this is a basic question anwsered before.How do I delete registry keys/hive strutures before the install.How do I delete files or direcitores before install.How do I uninstall another piece of so...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 2318: c:\docum~1\jalee\locals~1\temp

Hello All,First time poster. I have a problem with error 2318 that I can't seem to pass. It says I'm missing a file but there is no name on the file. Can anyone help me please. It's much appreciated. Here is a snippit of the error, and attached ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extracting MSI from .exe

I understand I can extract the MSI from any setup.exe that was built with Install shield. When I took your class I was told the command line argument was "/b". But that does not seem to work. Does anybody know the answer to this?

by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM Client Access Express 4.5

Has anyone had any luck repackaging IBM Client Access Express 4.5?I've been able to create a working package but when I uninstall the product and reboot I get a BSOD that states:STOP: 0x00000027 RDR_FILE_SYSTEMI've researched this issue @ Microshaft....

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos