cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

merge modules

can anyone tell me if they have used the MDAC 2.5(german) merge module from installshields web site successfully? I have tried 3 times to download it. and everytime i include it in a project it gives the following:ISDEV : error -4072: Error retrievin...

Repackaging Sophos Sweep

Has anyone successfully packaged Sophos Sweep v3.67?When using Installation monitor when I try to convert the INC file, I get the error :--------------------------------------------------Thursday, March 20, 2003 09:19AMConverting: Z:\Repackaging Stor...

mnimmo by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie Question

I create a basic MSI with a single feature. This feature installs two files to the target. I am using the wizard, with the destination as program files\Test. When I run or test the package the files do not get delivered. I know this is something ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbe Question

I am just starting to use AdminStudio so forgive me if this is a basic question anwsered before.How do I delete registry keys/hive strutures before the install.How do I delete files or direcitores before install.How do I uninstall another piece of so...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 2318: c:\docum~1\jalee\locals~1\temp

Hello All,First time poster. I have a problem with error 2318 that I can't seem to pass. It says I'm missing a file but there is no name on the file. Can anyone help me please. It's much appreciated. Here is a snippit of the error, and attached ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extracting MSI from .exe

I understand I can extract the MSI from any setup.exe that was built with Install shield. When I took your class I was told the command line argument was "/b". But that does not seem to work. Does anybody know the answer to this?

by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM Client Access Express 4.5

Has anyone had any luck repackaging IBM Client Access Express 4.5?I've been able to create a working package but when I uninstall the product and reboot I get a BSOD that states:STOP: 0x00000027 RDR_FILE_SYSTEMI've researched this issue @ Microshaft....

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS Question?

Is it necessary to "fix" ACE10 warning's, particularly when it is stated :The Registry entry 'Registry_100' (Blah Blah Blah) in package " A " conflicts with the same registry entry in Component 'Global_System_Blah_Blah_Blahor it will list a specific ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action: Uninstall Script

I have a script that removes entries from the services file, it needs to run when Windows Installer performs a rollback and when the product gets uninstalled.What should the in-script execution be?Should it run in the UI or Exec sequence?What conditi...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conditions!?!?!

Does anyone have a list of conditions one could use for custom actions or are they pretty much up to your imagination? Thanks,Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos