cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Transforms - updating text files.

I am creating transforms to apply to the Office suite at present, and in our msi's that we have created, we have written a text file that helps our helpdesk know which applications users have intstalled i.e.App01 - Adobe AcrobatApp02 - Winzip etc...T...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio 5 Conflict DB

We've just upgraded to AS 5.0. We had to update the Conflict DB schema to version 5, but upon performing this, we are now unable to import ANY MSIs generated using AS3.5!!!??

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transofms not transforming MSOfficeXP

I have created about 20 times a transform for office XP. I run the msi exec and bosh, full install of office with no regard to my transform or my feelings...anyone else have problems with this? Or any idea why? I have created transforms for other pro...

semi silent install....

Hello...I have an installshield install created by a vendor. I am familiar with running the setup with the -r command to create a response file, then on the end user pc running the install silent:setup.exe -s -f1 This hides all user interaction. I w...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Validating MSI in Installshield 5

I upgraded to Installshield 5. I repacked the installation for Adobe Photoshop 7. After working in Developer on the ISM file, I built the MSI and validated it. It came up with some ICE errors, so I corrected them. I rebuilt the MSI. Now whenever...

Allusers

I have several packages that once installed operate fine but when a new user logs into their Win2k box they can open Windows Explorer in the case of Adobe Acrobat and windows installer "appears" to install Adobe Acrobat, completes, and then Windows E...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio Enterprise Edition

It looks like there are a lot of new featutes in AdminStudio 5.0, but it seems like many of the best features are only available in the Enterprise edition of the product.I couldn't find any pricing information regarding the Enterprise version on the ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installation Control

I am looking for a way to control my MSI Packages. My environment is very locked down and we have enabled the use of elevated permissions to allow users to be able load MSI packages (via WinInstall). This works out ok. However, there are some appl...

AdminStudio 5.0

Is there an AdminStudio 5.0 that is replacing 3.5? The knowledge base has a section for it but I can't find any other documentation.

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

_short WHAT IS IT?

When i repack some applications i get the following on an INI file entry:_short(NORMAL PATH TO FILE) why? I have to go and manually edit the path to normal. why does it do this? or more to the point What is it doing?