cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transforms - updating text files.

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am creating transforms to apply to the Office suite at present, and in our msi's that we have created, we have written a text file that helps our helpdesk know which applications users have intstalled i.e.

App01 - Adobe Acrobat
App02 - Winzip

etc...

The problem is that I can not see how I can do this in a transfrom. It does not allow me to "Replace old value"
Does anybody have any ideas ?

Thanks

Duncan
(3) Replies
In what way are you writing to text files in your full MSIs? A custom action? INI-related tables?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
The options I'm using are

Configure Target System - INI file changes - Add INI file - ****.ini - Add Section - App01. The select Add Key - (called "Installed") - set the action to "Replace old value" - put in the name of the application.

It is designed so that our helpdesk can easliy see what software our users have installed on their machines.

It works for our repackaged legacy setups, but I can't see how you con do it for a Transform for an MSI ?

Many Thanks
In InstallShield Tuner, can you use the INI Files view (under "System Configuration")? The "Add Line" option will update an existing entry if there is one, and add the line otherwise.