cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Extracting MSI from .exe

I understand I can extract the MSI from any setup.exe that was built with Install shield. When I took your class I was told the command line argument was "/b". But that does not seem to work. Does anybody know the answer to this?

by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM Client Access Express 4.5

Has anyone had any luck repackaging IBM Client Access Express 4.5?I've been able to create a working package but when I uninstall the product and reboot I get a BSOD that states:STOP: 0x00000027 RDR_FILE_SYSTEMI've researched this issue @ Microshaft....

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS Question?

Is it necessary to "fix" ACE10 warning's, particularly when it is stated :The Registry entry 'Registry_100' (Blah Blah Blah) in package " A " conflicts with the same registry entry in Component 'Global_System_Blah_Blah_Blahor it will list a specific ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action: Uninstall Script

I have a script that removes entries from the services file, it needs to run when Windows Installer performs a rollback and when the product gets uninstalled.What should the in-script execution be?Should it run in the UI or Exec sequence?What conditi...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conditions!?!?!

Does anyone have a list of conditions one could use for custom actions or are they pretty much up to your imagination? Thanks,Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple msi scenario, need your suggestions

Hello guys/girls. I need to repackage this app where some components were already supplied in msi format other need to be repackaged. What should i do when i am done repackaging those. Created a nested Installation and daisy chain them? The app has ...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall Problem...

Hello. I recently began using AdminStudio 3.5 to repackage software for installalation on Windows 2000. I have been using WinInstall LE for the past 2 years and was finnaly able to get my manager to buy a better product. My problem is that I hav...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

launching a batch file during uninstall of a basic msi project

I am trying to launch a batch file during the uninstall process but cannot figure it out. I am using a Basic MSI project in AdminStudio 3.5.I have tried to modify the registry key "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall" in the MSI...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dialogs

Obviously I am not smart enough to figure this out and I need someone to show me. I have been working on this for days now and I can’t figure it out.This is what I need to do:I have a MSI for Palm Pilot 4.1. When you run it you are prompted with se...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ICE33 Warnings

I recently purchased AdminStudio 3.5 and I'm working on creating my first .msi repackaged installation for deployment through Active Directory Group Policies. I plan on assigning this application to a group of users. The reason for this is so that ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos