cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Installation Control

I am looking for a way to control my MSI Packages. My environment is very locked down and we have enabled the use of elevated permissions to allow users to be able load MSI packages (via WinInstall). This works out ok. However, there are some appl...

AdminStudio 5.0

Is there an AdminStudio 5.0 that is replacing 3.5? The knowledge base has a section for it but I can't find any other documentation.

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

_short WHAT IS IT?

When i repack some applications i get the following on an INI file entry:_short(NORMAL PATH TO FILE) why? I have to go and manually edit the path to normal. why does it do this? or more to the point What is it doing?

Using Tuner to create MST

I am trying to create an mst file, which I have done before, but I am having one error in the creation. When going through the setup to create the mst I am able to set the path, which I do, but when I get done and look at the path in Tuner it shows ...

Explorer.exe crash :-(

I have a Winzip 8.1 package that installs fine. When you add a new user to the machine and that user logs in and right clicks on "My Computer", Windows Installer launches to setup Winzip for that user (HKEY_Current_User) and then explorer crashes. ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie question

Our company uses Installshield Pro 6.2 for standard installs.Now we would like to progress onto remote software installations where the customer's network admin can install the software onto workstations silently without user intervention.My requirem...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

modifying transform files

Hi Everyone,I am attempting to create a transform file to change the drive where my application is installing. How can I do that?Thanks,

Goliath by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

No ARP

Hi,I want to install a MSI but do not want it to show up in Add/Remove/Programs. Is there an option to force this?Thanks,Rick

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Consolidate multiple packages

I have create two different packages and I want to merge them so that I can get only one package instead of two.Does anyone know how to do this?Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

enum reg error 1406

I am trying to convert a package into an MSI but when it installs it errors with a 1406 _Could not write value *NewlyCreated* to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_WINDRIVERS\0000\Control.It would appear the admin account...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos