cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QuickTime 6.1 repackage (newbie Q)

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am trying to repackage QT 6.1 using install monitoring. I have been trying to accomplish this for four nights now, starting to get crazy...

I now have an msi that works when logged in as Administrator on XP and W2K, but QT crashes when a non-administrator user try to edit the settings because of lack of access to the files in CommonAppDataFolder\QuickTime\.

I need my distribution to work on non-domain computers as well as on computers in a domain.

I see the Apple Vise installer gives all users (Everyone) access to the relevant files, but I do not know what user to give priviledges in IS Developer (QuickTime.qtp, Properties, Permissions). I have tried "Everyone" with and without brackets to no avail. When using [%USERDOMAIN] and [Everyone] and checking permissions on W2K after installation I get an icon with a question mark and a long string of numbers instead of the group name "Everyone".

When using "Everyone" without brackets the msi will not install, complaining the user or group does not exist.

Any clues to help a newbie?
(1) Reply
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I figured it out:
I used Everyone without brackets and no domain and everything is working just fine now.