cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS 5 Handling of PackageCode

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
This may not be AS 5 specific - may just be the first time I've run into it.

When I build the MSI in the Repackager or Developer it seems to auto-generate the PackageCode.

In some ways this makes sense because if I've made changes, then technically the PackageCode should change. However, here are some curious things about this behavior:

*) The packge code in the ISM no longer matches the production package - seems like if the code is autogenerated during build, it should be written back to the ISM so they match.
*) During testing, if I forget to deinstall the package before re-compiling the MSI, I can not remove the package from my test machine because it may complain of a mis-matching package code.
*) It seems like autogeneration should be off by default so that I don't have to worry about all the revisions between first package and the first actual production package.

I couldn't find a way to change this bahavior. Is there a way to configure this - if so is it per-package or a global setting?
(1) Reply
In Developer, anyway, you can open the Releases view, select your product configuration (not release) icon, and set Generate Package Code to No...