cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (not for Virtual Datacenters) license?

Hi!

I would like to configure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server license (SKUs RH00004 or RH00003), which is not a Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Virtual Datacenters license.

The SKU library applies a Processor Points license type with a "RHEL for Virtual Datacenters" points rule set. But I understand that this is not correct as for Virtual Datacenters products are licensed in a slightly different way (no virtual machines are counted).

I want the metric to reflect how RHEL Server is licensed: each subscription covers 1 physical node with up to 2 sockets, or 2 virtual nodes regardless of virtual sockets.

How do I do this? Thank you in advance.

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I hear that Red Hat licensing can be a little tricky. I can't say I'm an expert in the area, but here are some links to resources which may be helpful in case you haven't found them:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you for your answer. I think that, even with the addition of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Optimization Report, managing RHEL licenses in Flexera is still an issue and that a a specific license type capable of integrating the 1-physical-node-with -up-to-2-sockets/2-virtual-nodes metric should be added to the tool.