cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the main source/sources of Location information?

Hi All,

As per my understanding the source of location is active directory. Is there any other source like SCCM / SMS / ILMT 

Enterprise > Location. 

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Some common sources that organizations use for importing location information into Flexera One ITAM/FlexNet Manager Suite are:

• An existing business system that contains a model/list of locations that the business operates in
  • Active Directory Sites & Services
  • Active Directory organizational unit structure (which might be imported from Active Directory directly, or from some other data source which in turn imports this data from Active Directory - such as an SCCM database)
  • A manually managed structure
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you Chris, 

Is there any way to know the source of location. Actually,  we have integrated service now data in Flexera.  We are getting around 2000 locations (most of them are incorrect) . Some are like numbers (000,888 454, st. 2322) . Currently we have Flexera agents , SMS and AD data. 

How do we find the issue and what steps we can take so we get clean data. 

The system itself won't directly tell you where location data have come from. The best way I can think of checking would be to understand what data import processes have been configured on your system. For example, check what business adapters are running to see if any of them are importing location data. But if (for example) a business adapter ran in the past to configure locations, but it has not run recently then you may find no record of it any longer. Or if somebody has manually created locations, you likely won't see that identified anywhere.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)