cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using gMSA account for the FNMS service sccount

Has anyone had any experience with using a gMSA account as the service account for FNMS?

(2) Solutions
jlynch11
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Currently FNMS doesn't support group managed service accounts. There is an enhancement open for this functionality (issue number IOJ-1922401).

View solution in original post

do you know if the enhancement open for gMSA functionality has been added yet?  (issue number IOJ-1922401).

Thanks

Craig

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
jlynch11
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Currently FNMS doesn't support group managed service accounts. There is an enhancement open for this functionality (issue number IOJ-1922401).

do you know if the enhancement open for gMSA functionality has been added yet?  (issue number IOJ-1922401).

Thanks

Craig

@craig_moore - that particular enhancement has not been done at this point. It remains under consideration for addressing in a future release.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
jasonlu
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion
I put the enhancement request in last year for gmsas.
Last time I looked at it there were too many places in the config where passwords were required to be entered.
As they weren't officially supported, I stopped doing any further investigate.
I suspect that after installing and configuring with a normal user account, you might be able to manually convert over to a gsma, but I've never tried.

j
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Here is an Idea that is tracking an enhancement related to this discussion: ITAMFNMS-I-10: Microsoft GMSA (Group Managed Service Accounts) for FNMS/FlexeraONE ITAM

Please vote for that idea if it is of interest/relevance to you.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)