cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User data from Active Directory

Hello,

We currently have the Active Directory sync turned on to create Users, Computers and Subnets.

Each night, we update our User records with additional information from another application as the AD sync didn't give us all the info we needed.

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with:

1. Is there a document someplace that defines which AD User fields are being brought in from the AD connector

2. Can the AD user attributes be modified to populate additional fields from AD?

3. If neither 1 or 2 is available, has anyone used the Business Adapter to populate the User data from AD?

Thanks,
Jason

(1) Solution

@jaalstead  - The following KB Article describes the specific attributes that is imported from the Active Directory connection within FlexNet Manager:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/What-are-the-default-Active-Directory-elements-import-by-FNMS/ta-p/6030

In regards to your specific questions:

1) See the KB article for ALL of the data imported from AD
2) No - the AD adapter cannot be modified
3) Yes - this is very common.  You can create a Business Adapter that connects to Active Directory using LDAP and import additional User attributes such as the Email Address.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@jaalstead  - The following KB Article describes the specific attributes that is imported from the Active Directory connection within FlexNet Manager:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/What-are-the-default-Active-Directory-elements-import-by-FNMS/ta-p/6030

In regards to your specific questions:

1) See the KB article for ALL of the data imported from AD
2) No - the AD adapter cannot be modified
3) Yes - this is very common.  You can create a Business Adapter that connects to Active Directory using LDAP and import additional User attributes such as the Email Address.

Thank you! I'll pass it along!