cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket Status for ARL Updates (FNMS Cloud)

I submit frequent requests for updates to the ARL.  This ticket Status is set to ENHANCEMENT once the Content Team accepts the request.  As far as I'm concerned, this is a deceiving status from a customer standpoint.  I see how you may look at this as an Enhancement  to the product since it is "enhancing the application recognition library", but that does not give me any insight into where the ticket is in the process.  I'm sure Enhancements to the actual application code are handled in a completely different manner internally than ARL updates.

Maybe you can see something internally that we can't??

@jbursch1 @kmay 

(1) Solution
@pennym, Enhancements to the product and content requests are both similar in how they're handled from a support case perspective at the moment. We have plans to improve visibility of product enhancements in the near future (should be available in the next couple of months) so that these are visible in the community so this will change going forward. There are several initiatives occurring with the content team also to improve the speed at which requests are fulfilled and also improve the level of communication however these are taking longer than expected. I'll see if I can check on the status of this and either provide an update myself or ask someone more closely involved to comment on it.
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
kmay
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi PennyM, I am going to get the right person onto this thread in order to get the right answer.

Hello Penny

I believe you raise such content submission via support cases? Then our support engineer will proactively inform the customer once the ticket has been completed by library team. That says if you haven't heard back from the support team, then it's very likely the status is still in Enhancement.  You are certainly welcome to chase with support if you have been waiting for a while. 

Content submission is maintained by library team , the progress of the ticket can be chased internally, but not external to customer at this stage. (what I am saying is if you have a big submission with 500 rows...internally we can chase and see some change - how many has been processed, but this info is not accessible from external).   HTH

Cheers

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
@pennym, Enhancements to the product and content requests are both similar in how they're handled from a support case perspective at the moment. We have plans to improve visibility of product enhancements in the near future (should be available in the next couple of months) so that these are visible in the community so this will change going forward. There are several initiatives occurring with the content team also to improve the speed at which requests are fulfilled and also improve the level of communication however these are taking longer than expected. I'll see if I can check on the status of this and either provide an update myself or ask someone more closely involved to comment on it.
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

@mrichardson Thank you for your response.  I do know there are some changes afoot that should improve overall content update process.  Then designation of "Enhancement" could be improved upon to be more clear to the customer as to where the ticket is in the process just as other tickets use the "Waiting on" or "Working".  "Enhancement" is just a black hole sometimes.