cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating asset data

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on how to improve our asset update process.  We currently have field technicians that fill out a spreadsheet to have asset fields (Status, Serial #, assigned user and location) updated when a change is made.  This spreadsheet is sent to an email box and from there, a user consolidates all of those updates into a new spreadsheet and uses a business adapter to make the updates.  We are a global company with field technicians around the world.  How do you make updates to your asset data?

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm interested to hear stories about this too! But in the meantime, you may consider voting for the following idea which is related to this: ITAMFNMS-I-102: One Off Upload of Contracts and other important data

(The description in the idea doesn't explicitly mention "asset" data, but the concept is relevant.)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello @trachsma ,

Do you have a central CMDB, where this data are updated, like ServiceNow or other CMDB system?

If you have, then you can write a connector to download the data from there, normalize it and update automatically in Flexera.