cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network communication flow(unidirection/Bidirectional) in all the scenarios of all FNMS components

Hi Forum,

can someone help with the network flow(unidirectional/bidirectional) including all the possible scenarios with the depending components when we are setting up FNMS cloud setup. We have only the information how the data flow is from the beacons . 

Appreciate your thought on this.

Regards,

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Take a look at the following page which covers all the key network connections into the FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud environment: Ports and URLs for Inventory Beacons

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi chris,

thanks for the swift response and no where in the documentation it is evident whether the setup requires unidirectional/bidirectional flow of the overall setup requirements where i'm looking for clarification.

Regards,

The arrows in the diagram on that page indicate the direction of the connection: the arrow points from the source device that opens the connection to the target device that accepts the connection.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

When supplying information for network access I generally make a table with the following headings:

Source, Destination, Port/Protocol, Notes

FQDNs and ip addresses in Source and Destination, ports and their protocols required (of course). In Notes I put the reason why this is necessary, and also the term 'two way traffic'.

I've actually encountered network administrators so pendantic that if you do not specify that the connection requires information to be returned, they wont set it up that way. Quite often I'll be asked if 'two way traffic' means bi-directional, to which the answer is no.

Jason

Hi,

PFA, FNMS Cloud Architecture which were provided by Flexea. Components of FlexNet Manager Cloud and their Communication Paths on this diagram. 

Thanks,

Sreerama Yenuga.