cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to check DB connection string for FNMS

Hi All,

I am looking for all connection strings available in the FNMS module to modify them as there is a recent change in the instance name and I need to modify them to get it functioning back.

Can someone guide me all the connection string places where we need to modify the values for latest instance name?

Thanks in Advance

(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Reporter\CurrentVersion\

And also check your Compliance Connections (see Beacon), if they rely on "local" staging data and maybe your Business Imports as well.

After checking all the connection details in the beacon UI, also check for values that need updating directly in the Server column of the ComplianceConnection view in the database. No all values here can be edited through a beacon UI - I believe at least the data warehouse connection details need to be changed by re-running the Config.ps1 script, or (possibly more simply) with direct updates in the database.

For reference, here is a KB article which discusses updating the data warehouse connection details: How do I check / change the FNMSDatawarehouse connection?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)