cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Summary - Compliance Status at Risk

Hi there,

I have a license showing as at risk, but the product owner has confirmed the services are stopped and no licenses are being consumed. Servers are due to be decommissioned but they're still currently showing as active, hence the application is still under consideration for license compliance calculations.

Any suggestions on how to handle this scenario so the license does not show as at risk until the servers and application is fully retired?

Thanks in advance

(1) Solution

If you don't want to ignore the whole device (which will stop license consumption for all software on the device, not just the software you're concerned about), you could explicitly exempt the software you're concerned about from consuming licenses on particular devices. For example, see Apply Allocations and Exemptions.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

hi Mark,

You may possibly ignore the devices which are going to be decommissioned so that they are not considered for compliance until the servers are retired.

Please go through the relevant thread https://community.flexera.com/t5/The-Hub/How-do-I-exclude-retired-devices-from-being-included-in-software/td-p/133483 for reference.

Regards, 

If you don't want to ignore the whole device (which will stop license consumption for all software on the device, not just the software you're concerned about), you could explicitly exempt the software you're concerned about from consuming licenses on particular devices. For example, see Apply Allocations and Exemptions.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)