Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILMT Adaptor causing duplicate consumption

jbursch1
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi -

Is anyone else coming across a similar issue?

The ILMT Adaptor is causing our Oracle position to show duplicate records. The consumption report of Oracle Database Enterprise license is showing the same host twice. It's linked to an actual host server, not a virtual machine.

@KSJohnson anything else to add?

@KSJohnson 

(3) Replies
Natalie
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Is the duplicate host shown elsewhere like in Inventory Devices, or only in this license? 

Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Product Manager
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that

Following on from what @Natalie  suggested, it would be helpful to know more about :

• the total set of sources of inventory contributing to FNMS (is it just ILMT, or others as well - FNMS/ADDM etc)?
    (specifically in relation to providing inventory for what you refer to as the duplicate records).
  • what is the make/model of the server in question?
  • can you attach a screenshot?

One explanation could be that you have a SPARC box configured with multiple LDOMs.   In this scenario the "hostname" of each LDOM could be the same so that it appears twice in some views.  If you hover the mouse over each hostname you should see in the status bar of the browser the URL that would be launched if you click the link for the host.  It should be easy to see if the ID of each host is different and if you open up each record you should be able to confirm that they are actually separate hosts with different HostID/Serial Numbers (just happening to have the same name).

Otherwise - if you could add more detail to what you are seeing we might be able to suggest other causes.

Hi,

I had a similar issue - had to make excemption on Oracle publisher within the ILMT Reader. Unfortunately I do not have another solution.

Analysing several issues with ILMT connector I think the connector imports outdated data.

ILMT running on SQL or DB2, which version and which product (ILMT, BigFix Inventory)?

Best regards

Vladi