cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM PVU Report

I have searched all over the community for information on the changes made to IBM PVU reporting in 2019 R1. I have had no success. The PVU report doesn't look the same as in previous releases and I'm not sure what is required now to be reported. I've also tried "googling" to no avail. Any information would be appreciated. Shelby
(1) Solution
tivens
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi Shelby

I recommend reading the FNMS 2019 ‘SystemReference’ Guide (available from product documentation) which has a specific section on 'Sub-Capacity licensing with IBM PVU'  - The sub section ‘Reporting to IBM’ should hopefully provide helpful information.

The FNMS IBM PVU Consumption Report in the Report section of the FNMS UI will by default represent peak consumption data from the start of the reporting period to today's date. The report period can be defined in the date options available in the UI .

I am currently in the process of updating the FNMS IBM Best Practice guide to include all of the new 2019 features and functionality.

Thanks

Toby

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
tivens
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi Shelby

I recommend reading the FNMS 2019 ‘SystemReference’ Guide (available from product documentation) which has a specific section on 'Sub-Capacity licensing with IBM PVU'  - The sub section ‘Reporting to IBM’ should hopefully provide helpful information.

The FNMS IBM PVU Consumption Report in the Report section of the FNMS UI will by default represent peak consumption data from the start of the reporting period to today's date. The report period can be defined in the date options available in the UI .

I am currently in the process of updating the FNMS IBM Best Practice guide to include all of the new 2019 features and functionality.

Thanks

Toby

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

Apparently someone else decided to accept a solution to this without my even looking at the information provided.  Interesting.

Hi @shelby_day !

I marked the solution because:

1) It related directly to your question by referring to the location for the material you were seeking, and

2) It called out that the related required changes to the Practice Guide aren't done yet but are in progress - so of course it won't be possible for you to review them yet. 🙂 

If things prove to be completely off base, it's definitely feasible to un-mark this solution.  

Best,

Natalie

Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Product Manager
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that