cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is 'All devices consuming IBM PVU points' Target Updated

Hi

I've got a device which is appearing in the report 'IBM PVU License Consumption'  but is not appearing in the 'All devices consuming IBM PVU points' target list.

Does anyone know what updates this list and if there are any other checks that it does which could cause this not to be added to this target list.

Thanks

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I wonder if that might be because the device was consuming against a PVU license at the time the peak PVU consumption was recorded (so it appears in the "IBM PVU License Consumption" report - which looks back in history), but is not currently consuming against a PVU license (so isn't appearing in the "All devices consuming IBM PVU points" target - which reflects current consumption).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris, it does appear to be currently consuming a PVU license.  Do you know what check is done to add to the target?

I think the check done to identify the devices included in the "All devices consuming IBM PVU points" target is to look for inventory devices that are contributing to any current (not peak) PVU consumption.

I'm not sure if it is exactly the same list, but it is likely close to the list of devices shown in the "IBM PVU License Current Consumption" report (not the "IBM PVU License Consumption" report).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)