cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW Asset bulk status change

Hi All, 

is there a data input template available that can do a bulk  update of the HW Asset status from 'installed' to 'disposed'? or can this only be done via a business adapter?

(3) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You can multi-select asset records and do a bulk edit in the UI (as long as all the asset records selected have the same "type"). However if your scenario isn't suitable for using the UI (e.g. for hundreds or thousands of records) then using a business adapter would be the way to go.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

thanks for the response Chris, currently I'm using the multi-select method and it does the job, just thinking for when there is hundreds of thousands of records like you mentioned. 

rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

As per Chris' email - have a look at the adapters. They are quite straightforward once you get into them.

Here is the doc: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R2/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/UsingFlexNetBusinessAdapters.pdf

R.Miller

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You can multi-select asset records and do a bulk edit in the UI (as long as all the asset records selected have the same "type"). However if your scenario isn't suitable for using the UI (e.g. for hundreds or thousands of records) then using a business adapter would be the way to go.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

thanks for the response Chris, currently I'm using the multi-select method and it does the job, just thinking for when there is hundreds of thousands of records like you mentioned. 

rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

As per Chris' email - have a look at the adapters. They are quite straightforward once you get into them.

Here is the doc: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R2/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/UsingFlexNetBusinessAdapters.pdf

R.Miller